So, here I am. Back to blogging. One of my (many) resolutions for 2013. Unlike some, I have no aspirations of being followed, liked, or rewarded with e-fame from this endeavour. I just lose journals too frequently and my hand writing has gotten so shoddy I figure blogging kills two birds (#1stone).
Things to start 2013 right? First, read Bill Maher’s new rules for the new year. So hilarious and pretty spot on. Weirdly, my dad thought they were a bit crude and my mom couldn’t get enough of them. Oh yeah, and for this illustrious year I moved home, back in with the rents; I’m 27 and totally stoked about it.
Other big nebulous plans for 2013:
1. Be more flexible and deter this hip soreness that is coming with my older age (yoga 2x a week?)
2. Run a 3:30 marathon. At Boston. In April. This will be really hard.
3. Doodle more. Put the start to a graphic novel on this blog and attempt to be funny.
4. Weigh less. Drink less. Eat more home-cooked yummies and less candy. Trying to stave off adult on-set diabetes now.
5. Read one book every two weeks. (Ambitious? Not if you’re not working and living in a Michigan winter!)
I’ve started by reading The Tiger’s Wife by Téa Obreht. Really good whimsical folklore meets young female doctor. I’m only on Chapter 3 but I love it. Except, Téa, an immigrant at age 12, had this published by 25 and it’s already a best seller. #overachiever #i’mjustbitterbutnotreallybecauseit’stoogood
Alright-y. Week 2 of Boston marathon training. Using my mom’s training plan. Off to run 5 miles…